How to check the version of an Oracle JDBC driver?
Sunday, 25 April 2010 17:00
How to determine the version of an Oracle JDBC driver?
1. Locate the classes12.jar file being used. This is located in: <Cognos Installation Location>\c8\webapps\p2pd\WEB-INF\lib
2. Make a copy of the classes12.jar file.
3. Rename the classes12.jar to classes12.zip
4. Use Winzip or some other file compression tool, extract the content of the classes12.zip to a temporary location.
5. In the temporary location, locate the file called MANIFEST.MF
6. Open the MANIFEST.MF file with notepad
7. Look for the line Specification-Version: "Oracle JDBC Driver version - 220.127.116.11.8" indicates that the version of this JDBC classes12 driver is 18.104.22.168.8.
This Oracle JDBC Driver version, must be exactly same as the version of the Oracle database server were you want to create a metric or content store. Ask the Oracle DBA how to obtain the correct JDBC version is necessary.