Unable to execute reports that contain HTML Items. Cognos Application Firewall is enabled.
The message presented to the user is (The SecurErrorID will vary):
The user does not have the assigned capability to use HTMLitem
DPR-ERR-2082 An error has occurred. Please contact your administrator. The complete error has been logged by CAF with SecureErrorID:2010-05-01-11:34:24.178-#4
Within the cogserver.log file the following details will be available for the full secure error message:
Audit.dispatcher.caf Request SecureErrorId: 2010-05-01-11:34:24.327-#22
RSV-SRV-0030 The user does not have the assigned capability to use HTMLItem.
RSV-SRV-0042 Trace back:
RSBIBusPlugin.cpp(586): RSPAMception: CCL_CAUGHT: RSBIBusPlugin::process()
RSBIBusMethod.cpp(177): RSPAMception: CCL_RETHROW: RSBIBusMethod::process(): asynchRun_Request
RSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(348): RSPAMception: RSASyncExecutionThread::checkException
RSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(237): RSPAMception: CCL_CAUGHT: RSASyncExecutionThread::run(): asynchRun_Request
RSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(363): RSPAMception: CCL_RETHROW: RSASyncExecutionThread::processCommand(): asynchRun_Request Rom/RSRomHTMLItem.cpp(59): RSPAMception: CCL_THROW: RSRomHTMLItem::onCreate
Ensure the Traverse privilege is in place for users (group/roles) for Report Studio capability, and that they have execute and traverse privileges on the "HTML Items in Report" sub-capability. If this is removed, users cannot run reports containing HTML items.
IBM Cognos 8.3 or higher:
1) Login to IBM Cognos 8 as a user with System Administration privileges.
2) From the "Launch" menu, click "IBM Cognos Administration"
3) Click the "Security" tab.
4) Click "Capabilities"
5) For "Report Studio" capability, click the Actions triangle and choose "Set Properties". Then click the "Permissions" tab.
6) Add the Traverse permission for the approriate users/roles/groups. Save changes to return to the "Capabilities" Page.
7) Click on "Report Studio" link to view the list of sub-capabilities
For "HTML Items in Report", click the "Actions" triangle and choose "Set Properties". Then click the "Permissions" tab. If necessary, click the box to override the access permissions acquired from the parent entry.
9) Add the Execute and Traverse permission for the appropriate users/roles/groups.
10) Save changes to return to the Capabilities Page.